Explore different styles and forms of photography while developing a portfolio that showcases your individual skills. You'll graduate as an enterprising and entrepreneurial photographer capable of working in and shaping the future of the media industries.
Why study BA (Hons) Photography at BU?
- Explore photography as a craft and a business, through a combination of practical and theoretical approaches
- Access industry standard digital cameras, lighting, studio space and image manipulation software throughout your degree
- Work alongside internationally recognised lecturers and practitioners
- Emphasis on real-world collaboration with others
- Choose optional specialist units in a particular area of interest in more detail to match your career ambitions
- Make invaluable industry connections during a work placement in industry.
The practical studio elements of the course are delivered in the Poole Gateway Building, which opened in spring 2020. This houses various studio spaces, editing workstations and the kit store. We have a range of digital cameras and professional lighting to support your studies and enhance your portfolio.
Getting hands-on experience with the same equipment used in industry settings prepares you for both your time on placement and your future career.
We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.