Our multifaceted, modern English course not only explores language and literature in the traditional forms of iconic and influential texts, you’ll also examine how they are used within the context of the media including film, television, magazines and the internet.
- Cultivate your writing skills
- Discover the latest developments in digital media and new media storytelling
- Showcase your writing to industry professionals through BU's annual Fresher Writing Prize and New Media Writing Prize competitions
- Put theory into practice and expand your knowledge during a 4-week or 30-week placement with organisations such as Penguin Books, BBC, Pinewood Studios, Touch Press and the Football Foundation
- Study abroad at one of our partner universities in Canada, Denmark or Germany
- Tailor your degree in areas of English that interest you including options to study both creative or traditional units
- Develop a range of subject-specific and transferable skills which can open the door to an exciting range of career possibilities or further study
- Benefit from specialist guest lecturers who talk about their work writing for the media industries. Previous guests have included Julian Fellows, Creative of Downton Abbey and Stella Wisdom from the British Library.
100% of our final year students agree our staff are good at explaining things – join us on live chat now to find out more, or register to meet us at an Open Day.