This course will give you comprehensive training in modern environmental management techniques and will introduce you to key concepts of biodiversity, sustainability, ecology and environmental systems.
You will develop a broad understanding of the scientific principles needed to effectively manage our environment, which is coming under increasing pressure as a result of human activities. You will gain hands-on experience of collecting, analysing and interpreting data for the conservation and management of our natural environment.
The strongly vocational nature of this course is supported by field visits to a diverse range of habitats, which include woodlands, nature reserves, conservation areas and other key UK landscapes.
Key Features include:
- A one year fully embedded industrial placement within this sector
- Year 1 and Year 4 residential field study course to underpin and contextualise the learning experience
- A range of field trips and visits to relevant local and national organisations to support and provide real life experience and to meet professions in their field of work
- Dedicated resources and facilities to support this programme
- Applied and taught by industry experts who are passionate about their subject areas
- A focus on the practical application of theory that provides our students with the skills to succeed in their chosen career