From the Olympics to Premiership football, our nation's passion for sports coverage has never been stronger. If you'd like to be part of the action as a sports journalist, this course delivers the skills, knowledge, practical experience and professional contacts you need.
- Journalism is featured in the top 30 in The Guardian University Guide 2021
- Build high-level skills in researching and producing compelling print, radio, TV and online sports stories
- Harness the latest digital technologies which are transforming the way we receive and engage with sports coverage
- Take a unique opportunity to focus on the sport of your choice - from cricket, rugby or football to minority sports
- Gain invaluable experience through work placements, employer-led projects and opportunities to study abroad
- Be inspired by our team of highly experienced tutors with strong media backgrounds and extensive contacts
- Learn in our exceptional facilities which include TV and radio studios plus a fully equipped newsrooms
We've developed this course with your future in mind. New technologies are revolutionising media and the ways in which people receive their sports news. Today's digital technologies allow people to follow their chosen sports much more closely - and they expect a high level of expertise from those reporting on sport. We will equip you with the professional knowledge and multimedia skills to rise to this challenge.