Our foundation year will help you hit the ground running if you want to gain a respected honours degree in Sport and Exercise Science.
- Choose a four-year course featuring a foundation year for a strong start to your University of Derby studies
- Fulfil your ambition and potential: the foundation year is a smart move if you are planning a career change or are keen to explore a new subject area
- Explore the roles of biomechanics, physiology and psychology in sport performance
- Indulge your passion for sport in our superb new £10.8 million Sports Centre
- Become skilled with the latest technology via our High Performance Resistance Training Facility, VICON 3D motion capture system and breath-by-breath analysis system
- Gain vital experience by applying for placements or internships: our students have worked with organisations like Derby County FC, Derbyshire County Cricket Club and Burton Albion FC
- Work alongside renowned sports scientists who are actively involved in research and consultancy
- Take the opportunity to achieve extra professional qualifications such as National Governing Body coaching awards
This is a challenging and action-packed course for anyone with a keen interest in the science behind sport and exercise.