You'll learn valuable cross-cultural business communication skills while building on your existing knowledge of business to deal with many of the challenges facing global business managers.
You'll graduate with an understanding of global business and be able to confidently apply the skills and knowledge you've learnt in areas such as business management, finance, recruitment and business development.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Join the course at either the year 1 or year 2, depending on the level of your previous studies
- Benefit from a programme of study that's specifically for non-native English speakers
- Get all the support you need while living in a new country, from our Global Office
- Join a community with more than 4,000 international and EU students from over 100 different countries
Work experience and career planning
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you graduate, our Careers and Employability service can help you find relevant work experience during your course if you're eligible to work in the UK.
We can help you identify placements, internships, voluntary roles and freelancing opportunities that will complement your studies.
What you'll study on this BA (Hons) Business with Business Communication Top-up degree
Core modules include:
- Leadership, Ethics, Governance and Sustainability
- Business Accounting for Finance
- International Business
- Services Marketing
- English Language Grade 5
- Business Communication
- Advanced Study Skills
- Cross Cultural Awareness for Business
- Business Communication 3
- English Language Grade 6
- Strategic Management
Teaching methods on this course include:
- workshops and practical sessions
How you'll spend your time
Each academic year is divided into 2 teaching blocks and 2 assessment periods:
- Teaching block 1 – October to January
- Assessment period 1 – late January to early February
- Teaching block 2 – February to May
- Assessment period 2 – May to June
How you're assessed
You’ll be assessed through:
- individual and group coursework
- online activities
- practical exercises
- your choice of independent research
You’ll be able to test your skills and knowledge informally before you do assessments that count towards your final mark.
Careers and opportunities
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry.
What can you do with a Business with Business Communication (Top-up) degree?
Previous students have gone on to work in:
- business development and consultancy
- digital marketing
- financial and risk analysis
What jobs can you do with a Business with Business Communication (Top-up) degree?
Roles our graduates have taken on include:
- business development officer
- recruitment consultant
- publicity officer
Other graduates have continued their studies at postgraduate level or set up successful businesses with help and support from the University.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Entrepreneurs in Residence
If you're interested in setting up your own business while you study, you can get support on this course from the Entrepreneurs in Residence programme. Our Entrepreneurs in Residence are experienced business professionals who work with us to deliver group workshops and 1-to-1 drop-in clinics to help you plan and market your business idea.