Ready to make your mark on the computer animation and visual effects industry and get stuck into a career packed with creative potential?
On this professionally accredited BSc (Hons) Computer Animation and Visual Effects degree course, you'll use our fantastic animation and VFX facilities to unleash your ideas. You’ll build a portfolio of work to showcase your abilities and learn how to get it in front of potential employers.
The course sets you up for an exciting career in areas such as 3D animation, visual effects (VFX) for film and TV, and the computer games industry.
What you'll experience
On this Computer Animation and Visual Effects degree course you’ll:
- Learn from professionals who are currently working in the animation and visual effects (VFX) industry
- Build your skills in key areas such as concept drawing, 3D animation, physics-based simulation and compositing
- Get your hands on professional software that’s used in the industry, including NUKEX, Maya, 3DS Max, ZBrush, Houdini, Katana and Mari
- Put our motion capture facilities to use and learn in our virtual reality lab
- Get the chance to be involved with the University’s computer-generated imagery (CGI) film, Stina and the Wolf
- Develop games and get involved in the annual Game Jam Portsmouth with fellow students
- Make the most of our industry links, including guest speakers, work placements and sponsored prizes for your final year project
- Tailor your studies to match your interests and ambitions
Careers and opportunities
This course mirrors many industrial processes and creative practices, setting you up for some of the most exciting jobs in today’s media industries.
Potential employers include computer animation and visual effects companies for film and TV, computer games and visualisation industries.