On this 1-year Creative Media Technologies top-up degree, you'll enhance your Creative Multi-Media and Journalism HND by topping it up with a Bachelor's degree. You'll hone your creative and technical skills and gain the professional knowledge you need for a successful career.
You'll use the same software packages that professionals use in industry, and develop the abilities you need to create quality content across all forms of media.
When you complete the course, you'll be ready to take on work in areas such as TV production, animation, content marketing and web development.
Location – course delivered in Chichester
This course takes place at Chichester College in West Sussex. While studying at Chichester College, you can still access the University's student support services and community including study support, the Students’ Union and our library's online resources.
What you'll experience
On this Creative Media Technologies top-up degree course, you'll:
- Tap into the industry experience of our creative technology experts
- Get access to the software and packages needed for a career in creative industries, including Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere and Animate
- Build on your existing experience in a chosen discipline, such as games, video, animation, web, mobile and AR/VR applications
- Shape your learning to suit your career aspirations and interests
- Collate a professional portfolio of your work
- Work alongside real clients on projects
- Use our well-stocked facilities, including a green screening studio, and high-technology suite with up-to-date PCs in addition to industry-standard cameras and software
Careers and opportunities
What can you do with a Creative Media Technologies degree?
You'll graduate with the skill and understanding to take up roles in almost every creative field, including:
- web development
- video production
- music production
- TV production
- digital print design
What jobs can you do with a Creative Media Technologies degree?
Roles previous University of Portsmouth creative media technologies students have taken on include:
- computer games animator
- 3D modeller
- web designer
- graphics artist
- video film-maker
- broadcast journalist
- games developer
- musical technician
Many graduates have also gone on to form their own web design, event management, and video production companies or have built successful freelance careers.
Our Careers and Employability Service will support you in finding a role or setting up a business. You'll get help and support for up to 5 years after you leave the University.