Entry Requirements For This Course
Entry criteria below detail typical offers. Combinations of qualifications are acceptable and other qualifications not listed may also be acceptable.
Additional requirements include:
- Applicants must be employed as a healthcare support worker and have the support of their employer to undertake this course.
- Two satisfactory references, a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check for the Child & Adult Workforce and Child and Adult Barring Lists and subscription to the update service. (, no offences are considered spent) and a satisfactory medical are part of the entry requirements.
- Before applying for this nursing course, we strongly recommend you attend one of our Open Days. When booking your place, please book on to the full time Bachelor of Nursing (Hons)(Adult).
- Applicants will need to complete a personal statement. Please read our nursing personal statement tips for help and advice.
- Applicants are required to attend an interview. You will have to demonstrate awareness of the role of nurses and show your commitment to the degree. All interviews take place at our Glyntaff Campus.
- Please read this information for nursing applicants for further guidance on how you can meet the entry criteria and advice on the application, interview and decision making process.
If you have any questions about your eligibility for the part time nursing course, please feel free to contact Dr Gareth Parsons, course leader, for an informal discussion.
Typical A-Level Offer - BBB to exclude General Studies
Typical Welsh BACC Offer - Grade B and BB at A Level to exclude General Studies
Typical BTEC Offer - BTEC Extended Diploma Distinction Distinction Merit
Typical IB Offer - Pass the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum score of 32 include 17 at Higher Level to include 5 or above in Maths and English at standard level
Typical Access to HE Offer - Science/Maths/Health Care/Nursing Diploma. Must complete 60 credits overall with at least 45 at level 3 and 15 at Level 2. Of the 45 credits at level 3, you will need a minimum of 24 Distinctions, 18 Merits and 3 passes.
Additional Requirements - GCSEs: The University normally requires a minimum 5 GCSEs including Mathematics/Numeracy and English at Grade C or Grade 4 or above, or their equivalent, but consideration is given to individual circumstances.
Equivalent qualifications considered are Essential Skills Level Two in Communication and Application of Number, or Functional Skills Level Two in English and Maths. (Must be achieved within the last 3 years)