This course had been developed in collaboration with the Joint Examination Board of The Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA) and The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA) for both UK and international students who are considering a career in law firms, national, regional or international governmental organisations and the industry, international law firms, the judiciary, In-House counsels, IP portfolio management, or national, regional or international IP organisations.
The course is taught by academics of the renowned Centre for Intellectual Property Policy & Management (CIPPM) and enjoys input from intellectual property practitioners from some of the UK’s leading companies and practices.
- Develop an in depth understanding of national, regional and international IP frameworks along with contemporary issues relating to IP and new technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) and 3D printing.
- Benefit from CIPPM’s membership of the Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship Programme which allows you to apply for a 12-month paid traineeship at the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) or the European Patent Office (EPO)
- Students who have completed the following units: Copyright and Trademarks; Patents and Designs and either International Intellectual Property Practice (Patent Attorney Route) or International Intellectual Property Practice (Trademark Attorney Route) will qualify with a PGCert Intellectual Property which provides full exemptions from the foundation level examinations for qualification as a patent attorney or trade mark attorney in the UK (IPReg/CIPA/CITMA).
- Tailor your degree to suit your interests or career aspirations through a range of option units
- Graduate ready to enter a range of potential careers including Associate Directors, In -House counsels, the judiciary, and Associate or Senior Lawyer in IP in international law firms.