Brunel University London’s Advanced Manufacturing Systems MSc online is designed with world-class research and expertise to provide students with the skills to succeed professionally upon graduating. During this course students master a wide range of advanced manufacturing subjects such as advanced design, manufacturing technologies including robotics and manufacturing simulation, data analytics, sensors and measurements, and supply chain management.
Graduates of this programme possess the knowledge and professional skills required to pursue careers in mechanical engineering, project leadership and in entrepreneurial pursuits. This course is particularly valuable for professionals with careers in the manufacturing industry, research organisations, and universities.
Duration and Fees
The Advanced Manufacturing Systems MSc online programme can be completed in one year if studied full time, or two years if studied part time.
This course is offered at the competitive rate of £9,525, which includes all online learning materials needed during the programme.
Brunel’s Advanced Manufacturing Systems MSc online course contains modules which are designed to further students’ understanding and mastery of crucial subjects within the manufacturing field.
All modules are worth 15 credits:
- Advanced Measurement Systems and Data Analysis
- Automation and Robotics
- Quality Management & Reliability
- Global Manufacturing Enterprise Business Development
- Logistics and Global Supply Chain Management
- Research Methods for Engineering Projects
- Research Project (60 credits)
Upon successfully completing the course, graduates will possess the following career-ready skills:
- Recognizing fundamental principles of sustainable design, the manufacturing of products, and computer aided engineering.
- Analysing and planning strategies for implementing advanced manufacturing methods and industrial systems.
- Synthesising data from a variety of sources, and presenting and communicating information to a diverse audience.
- Collaborating as a team member, and possessing the leadership and judgment skills to manage people, time, and resources.
- Understanding concepts of systems approach, such as the latest techniques, software, and tools.
The in-depth knowledge and advanced skills acquired through this Industry 4.0 oriented programme will prepare students for various career positions in the manufacturing industry, research organisations, and universities.
Careers that graduates may choose to explore include:
- Design engineer
- Advanced manufacturing engineer
- Research and technology engineer
- Continuous improvement engineer
- Manufacturing manager
- Materials supply chain optimisation manager
“The Advanced Manufacturing Systems MSc is one of our most forward-thinking master’s courses, and I’m excited that we are now offering the course in the online format so that students from across the globe can gain the skills they need to excel in this industry, without the need to relocate to the UK.”
Dr QingPing Yang