The Coaching and Mentoring MSc helps you to develop and master your coaching and mentoring skills to become a professional coach and mentor.
About this programme
The Coaching and Mentoring MSc is a part-time blended learning programme. It is delivered using a blended learning model with one day monthly study blocks during teaching time, allowing you to study flexibly around your own commitments. It will equip you with the skills and knowledge to become an effective coach or mentor.
There will be opportunities to learn whilst working on real world challenges. You will gain the skills and knowledge of current professional practice. This will enable you to comprehensively explore the world of coaching and mentoring.
You will study the theory behind coaching and mentoring, practise what you learn and complete your own research.
During the programme, you will learn through opportunities that will stretch your current coaching or mentoring role. This will enhance your current and future employability.
What you'll learn
After completing the programme, you will be able to:
- apply knowledge and theory to real-world challenges
- evaluate and prioritise components of coaching and mentoring. This will inform professional practice at individual, organisational and societal levels
- understand the challenges of responsible coaching and mentoring for more sustainable practice
- combine and evaluate concepts, theories and frameworks relevant to responsible coaching and mentoring. You will apply this to complex organisational contexts.
- interpret dilemmas and find creative solutions within the context of coaching and mentoring practice
- design, undertake and apply research to meet individual and/or organisational needs through coaching and mentoring
- identify, analyse and evaluate qualitative and quantitative data for decision making in the global context
- recognise the role of supervision in ethical practice
The design of the programme allows you to apply your knowledge to real world problems and challenges. You will formulate practical solutions to enhance your work-based practice and gain skills enabling you to:
- engage in coaching and mentoring practice which is inclusive, critically reflexive and collaborative
- manage complexity, ambiguity and uncertainty, and be pragmatic
- take personal accountability aligned to clear values
- act with integrity in challenging situations
You will gain insight from external practice-based speakers. This will give you further understanding of real world challenges. The speakers will also help you to recognise and reflect on the changing:
- nature of work
- responsibilities of global business in, and for, society
Newcastle University Business School is accredited by the:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
Only 1% of business schools worldwide hold triple accreditation. Our Business School is part of this elite group and this accolade is a huge endorsement. It reflects the investments we make for our students through providing:
- a high quality teaching environment
- innovative programming
- active engagement with industry
Our MSc Coaching and Mentoring programme is part-time, blended learning programme and is delivered through lectures and seminars. It is delivered using a blended learning model with one day monthly study blocks during teaching time. You will benefit from studying in a variety of learning environments.
The programme covers the core components of coaching and mentoring. You will also be able to explore your own areas of interest through research.
Skills are assessed through a range of assessments such as:
- reflective logs
- e-portfolio evidence
- individual practice-based assessment reports
- practice-focused plans
- case study analyses
- research proposal and research project
Your engagement with the learning activities will be supported and enhanced by our modern and intuitive virtual learning environment, Canvas. Canvas is a web-based system that does not need to be installed on your computer. Canvas runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, or any other device with a modern web browser.
Newcastle University Business School is one of the largest Schools in the University. We have over 3,500 students representing over 93 nationalities. Our location and modern design creates a dynamic centre point for a valuable network of:
- regional, national and international thought leaders
- leading professions
Our facilities provide:
- a flexible and dedicated conference suite with panoramic views across the city
- Wi-Fi enabled connectivity throughout the building. This includes three computer clusters, housing approximately 120 PCs
- four large lecture theatres and 21 seminar rooms, providing comfortable teaching and group study space
- a dedicated Hub and Base providing a balanced mix of study space and relaxation areas
- a contemporary café
View some of the Business School facilities.