If you have a degree and experience in the Health and Social Care field and you wish to become a qualified social worker then this is the course for you. The course, which starts in January 2020, will provide you with an opportunity to both study and work in Children and Families Social Work and Adult Social Work giving you the freedom to guide your career the way you want to.

The Social Work Masters degree is a two-year full-time course which is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council. Therefore if you successfully complete it, you'll be eligible to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.

We work closely with employers in the statutory and independent sectors to ensure our course content retains a focus on the people entitled to use the services. It also helps to ensure that you are ready for professional practice when you qualify.

MA Award
Study Mode

Entry Requirements For This Course

An undergraduate degree (minimum 2.1) or other recognised equivalent qualification.

Applicants with a 2.2 will be considered on an individual basis but will be required to demonstrate in their Personal Statement how their experiences (e.g. awards, scholarships, work experience - either paid or unpaid) and knowledge and skills will enable them to study this course at masters level.

Approximately 100 days (or equivalent) of social care related experience. You may be working towards the 100 days of experience at the time of application but the experience must be completed before the start of the course and this must be stated in your personal statement to provide one reference. This reference should show evidence of relevant social care related experience.

GCSE English and Maths grade C or above.

Latest Updates from Nottingham Trent University

Location of Nottingham Trent University