Today we define ourselves not just by our profession, but by the way we do things and how they are connected - across geographical boundaries, cultures and professional disciplines.
Effective leadership and problem solving require the ability not only to question, but to change the rules of the game.
This is a part-time, transdisciplinary, blended learning programme that helps professionals to meet the leadership challenges of the 21st century.
It has been designed for experienced professionals from diverse backgrounds, including those without formal academic qualifications.
You will explore a holistic view of leadership facilitated by the combined knowledge and experience of senior faculty members from business, management, psychology, media and performance disciplines.
Why should I choose this programme?
The MA Creative Leadership works across traditional academic boundaries to help you become a better leader in today’s complex, fast-changing world.
It designed to facilitate and explore leadership at multiple levels. You will build on your experience, enabling you to develop a dynamic, flexible approach to the challenges of leadership for the future.
The programme is relevant for leaders and managers in both commercial and non-profit organisations as well as people who want to make a difference in their careers and communities.
Key skills, aims and objectives
- Understand and utilise the breadth of thinking related to leadership
- Understand the nature of the complex environment in which leaders operate
- Understand the role and functioning of metacognition in leading
- Develop skills in critical reflection, giving attention, analysing phenomena, thinking creatively, and episodic learning and knowing how to utilise these in leadership situations
- Develop the ability to create and apply fresh thinking about leadership to current and future roles and contexts
- Learn from diverse perspectives - cultural, contextual, personal
You will develop the skills and life-long learning habits needed to become an adaptable, successful leader in contemporary society.
This programme is suitable for those who wish to enhance their confidence and ability to progress in their current career, as well as for those who wish to change career direction, or for those who just want to rethink the nature of leadership in a changing world.