The MA Global Management with pathways offers an enhanced study of global organisations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
We aim to prepare you as an effective global manager, leader and citizen.
The Family Business pathway explores the leadership, succession planning, management, family, career and personal issues found in family-owned and managed companies.
It will develop your understanding of these organisations and skills needed to address the challenges of family companies and families in business face.
The course pays special attention to family dynamics, leadership in family business, and strategies and options for achieving growth and sustainability.
Why should I choose this programme?
Eighty per cent of the world’s businesses are family-owned, but while such businesses are often strong market competitors, the ability to regenerate and revitalise a family business is important if it is to continue to grow, or to thrive into subsequent generations of family ownership.
This programme focuses on strategies to help a family business to survive and thrive for future generations.
Key skills, aims and objectives
- A deeper understanding of family organisations and the skills to address the challenges that families in business face
- A sound knowledge of family business and the ability to critically evaluate, reflect on, integrate and apply family business concepts
- An appreciation of the standards, ethics and values required to sustain a family business, in both the local and global context
- The ability to communicate effectively with family members from multiple generations, their peers and the wider community
- Entrepreneurial qualities enabling you to contribute to the efficiency and growth of the business
- The ability to review and provide guidance for possible conflict resolution within a family business
This pathway has been designed to promote your future development as an individual who can help a family business to survive and thrive for future generations.
You will evolve as a confident family business successor, able to become the enterprising and knowledgeable owner of the business of your forefathers.