This is an American degree.
This programme offers a comprehensive understanding of the context, conduct, strategies, theories and key contemporary issues in international business in an increasingly inter-connected world.
There is a strong emphasis on the application of theory, and you will learn through the analysis of real-life problems and examples.
The programme aims to stimulate you to think about possible futures, and to prepare for international business as it will be conducted over the next 10 to 20 years.
Why should I choose this programme?
The programme will appeal to recent graduates in other fields interested in pursuing a career in international business.
It is also ideal for those who have been working for a number of years and want the opportunity to reflect upon and learn from their experiences, to broaden their knowledge and enhance their CVs.
Key skills, aims and objectives
- Understanding the context, the conduct, the theories and the strategies of international business
- Appreciating the importance of culture, ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Learning to analyse real situations, to critique management behaviour and to make (and justify) recommendations for future decisions and actions
- Being able to prepare and give extensive consultancy-style presentations on an analytical not merely a descriptive level
- Learning how to cope with risk and uncertainty and the possibility of alternative (unknown) futures
- Working under time pressure, both individually and in teams
The MA in International Business educates, trains, and prepares you for a successful career in the global economy.
It enables you to learn and then to practice a key set of skills that will be of fundamental importance in the working world.