Elevate your impact on a global scale
Earn your Masters of Public Administration (MPA) from the UK’s University of Birmingham and make a lasting impact on society with a practical understanding of public leadership and a global perspective. This comprehensive Online MPA is an innovative way to further your career with theory and applicable public management and governance skills using our new online platform, a virtual learning environment that teaches through interaction and engagement.
Advance your public leadership skills
Add to your current skill set with knowledge and practical tools rooted in proven strategies and the experience of our module leaders. Organised and delivered by the Institute of Local Government Studies (INLOGOV), our leading academic centre for research and teaching on local governance and strategic public management, an MPA from the University of Birmingham brings with it a 50-year history of public service and innovation.
It is designed to help future leaders:
- Build practical public management understanding
- Further skills for effective managerial leadership
- Establish individual strategies for career development
- Participate in joint learning of global governance
- Apply theoretical knowledge in real-life scenarios
- Gain international perspective
Innovate your public service education
New ways of thinking inspire us in everything we do. This includes taking full advantage of digital media to provide a more dynamic learning experience that draws on interactivity, participation and connectivity. This online course provides flexibility beyond the traditional campus setting, enabling students to engage with curriculum directly using:
- Video lectures
- Real-life case studies
- Interactive assignments
- Social interaction
- Digital tools & resources
Make a lasting impact on society
Achieve your goal to make a difference in the lives of people around the world and build a network to help you along the way with a world-class MPA from the University of Birmingham and INLOGOV.
- Course director Catherine Staite was recently ranked the 45th most influential person in local government by the Local Government Chronicle
- Our MPA offers personal tutors to help further students’ understanding and professional goals
- Capstone project helps realise theories with application in private and non-profit sectors
Year one core modules:
- Public Management and Governance in a Changing World
- Leadership in Public Services
- Strategic Management
- Managing Public Money
- Delivering Services and Outcomes
- Public Policy Research Methods
Year two core modules:
- Programme Management
- Performance Management
- Partnership and Collaboration
- Democracy, Governance and Participation
- Managing in a Political Environment
- Managing the Information Age
Maximise your career opportunities
The University of Birmingham’s Online MPA is ideal for candidates wishing to pursue careers in public policy or strategic management in government organisations or public agencies at local, regional, national or international levels. During your studies, you surround yourself with a faculty of global experts at a university that leads through its research. You also gain access to links in both the public and private sectors.
Master the skills of public leadership
The University of Birmingham plays an active role in making the UK a capital of global education. We challenge our postgraduate students with the highest standard of curriculum while providing a unique international perspective and innovative ways to educate. We are recognised for excellence in research through our membership in the Russell Group, an organisation of the UK’s top research-led universities. This excellence helps you gain the global understanding of public service you need to grow in your career.
Students can start this course in February, June or October every year
Applications for our next intake are now open.
Visit http://landing.birmingham.ac.uk/uob/mpa for more information