You'll develop key skills, knowledge and experience to give you the edge in a range of rewarding careers
- Learn from inspiring and experienced lecturers who have worked in publishing at companies including Bloomsbury and Penguin Random House.
- Cover every stage of publishing including editorial, production, sales and marketing - from initial ideas to cover design, and from book launches to sales data analysis.
- Our students have gone on to work for companies including Penguin Random House, HarperCollins, Pan Macmillan, Hachette, Bloomsbury, CPG and Taylor & Francis, while others have set up their own publishing companies and freelance services.
- Be inspired by a huge range of industry professionals. In the 2019/20 academic year over 35 speakers gave talks for our students, from publishing companies including Hachette, HarperCollins, Bloomsbury, Penguin Random House, Galley Beggar Press, And Other Stories, Trigger Press, Pan Macmillan, Knights Of, and Emerald - and we also heard talks from published and self-published authors.
- Engage in research-based scholarship to focus on themes which particularly interest you.
- Benefit from a challenging cross-disciplinary learning experience.