The MA Healthcare Practice is the programme for you if you have a postgraduate diploma, or 120 credits at level 7 and would like to convert this to a Masters.
This is a top up degree comprising of two modules, which will give you confidence in appraising and designing research, and support you in carrying out research relevant to your working life. Studying this programme will make you more marketable to employers who are increasingly looking for people competent in research skills, and able to deliver evidence based practice.
You will be able to build on existing postgraduateskills and knowledge and increase your confidence in research and appraisal ofliterature. You will have the opportunity to further develop your leadership skills, youracademic rigour and your ability to link research to practice. Students will be supported to synthesise and critically appraise healthcare research and carry out anindependent research-based study through devising and presenting a proposal for achange project.
The aims of the programme are:
- To enable students to apply their acquired post-graduate skills to the further studyof their field of healthcare practice
- To encourage scholarship and autonomy by building independent thinkers whounderstand the link between their academic discipline in the classroom and thepost-study world
- To nurture creativity and enterprise by developing effective communicators whoare technologically confident and competent when encountering unfamiliarsituations
- To further develop students' knowledge and expertise of different researchmethods, awareness of ethical issues and their application to research inhealthcare
- To further enhance students' ability to work independently and extend their abilityto carry out an independent research based study through writing a proposal forchange project