This is an exciting time to be studying sociology and/or social policy. We are living through times of dramatic global change which has an impact both locally and nationally, as economic, environmental, social and cultural challenges mount and the pace of change consequently quickens.
The School of Sociology and Policy has a broad and active research programme that both informs and enlightens our academic teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
We are based in the Social Sciences building which underwent a £8.5m reburbishment in 2014. This refurbishment has improved the facilities available to you and has enhanced the working and learning environment for staff and students.
Study with us
We offer programmes in the areas of sociology, social policy, racism and diversity, disability and gender.
- Social Policy
- Social Policy and Crime
- Social Policy with Enterprise
- Social Policy and Sociology
- Politics and Sociology
- Politics and Social Policy
- Sociology and International Relations
- Social and Public Policy
- Social Research (ESRC recognised)
- Society, Culture and Media
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Social and Political Thought
- Disability Studies
- Gender Studies
- Inequalities and Social Science
Postgraduate research programmes
79% of our research is classified as world leading or internationally excellent. Our research covers the folllowing areas: