Want to make progress in your workplace? Then DEVELOP your SKILLS and step onto the CAREER ladder!
You could develop your SKILLS, IMPROVE your self-confidence and restart your CAREER. Designed to give you the tools to apply your personal transferrable skills to the workplace; the confidence to anticipate problems and find solutions, to work independently and with other people, to plan things out before you start and complete the things that you've started' the skills that employers want!
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 456 2762
This is a flexible full-time course that continues throughout the calendar year. As a result, a delivery pattern has been specifically designed to enable students to continue with other life and work commitments alongside their studies.
- Registration twice a year in either September or January
- Three evenings per month plus one Saturday or Sunday per month at local venues for 10 months
- Residential weekend courses at Easter and August where you will experience student life on our beautiful Lampeter Campus
- A University Level 4 course
- Bite-sized units and completely project-based
- Assessment through assignments and no examinations
- Successful candidates also gain an Institute of Leadership & Management Level 4 qualification at no extra cost.
- £1,000 bursaries available
- No up-front fees - tuition fee loan repayments start when you earn over £21,000 per year
- On successful completion of the CertHE, there is the option to progress to the BA (Hons) Management Skills for the Workplace program at Level 5 and you could obtain your Honours degree with a further two years study!
The programme is specifically created in its content and flexible delivery to give you the confidence to anticipate problems and find solutions, to work independently and with other people, to plan things out before you start and complete the things you've started, in short to develop the skills that employers want!
All of the teaching is project- based, linking theory with practice and ensuring that each module is contextualised within real workplace situations and challenges.
- Smart Technology in the Workplace
- Personal Development for Employment
- Projects: Sustainability and Global Citizenship
- Skills for Self Employment
- Project Planning
- Problem Solving
- Researching and Analysing Data
- Working in Teams
- Communication Skills
The University registers all students with the globally recognised Institute of Leadership and Management. (ILM). Successful students can also achieve an additional Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management awarded by the ILM
- Glenn Behenna | email@example.com
- Andrew Maund | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julia Ault | email@example.com
- Bob Wilson | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michaela Schriek | email@example.com
Assessment will be at the end of each module based on your project. There are no examinations.
Each 10 credit module has a single coursework assignment for assessment, derived from the project activity undertaken during the weekend study day and then developed over the next three sessions
Each 20 credit module will have a group presentation (individually assessed) and a reflective written submission or presentation.
Coursework assignment: Can include a data analysis assignment, a piece of textual analysis, digital video presentation or a written report.
Group Presentation: Speaking in front of people, in a clear, structured and relevant manner is a vitally important employment skill.
Reflective Submission: This method of assessment will concentrate on your capacity to reflect upon group projects in a structured manner, analysing the strengths and weaknesses.
This programme is specifically focused on employability, ensuring that students are able to use workplace experiences to inform their studies throughout each module. Explicit outcomes include the creation of digital portfolios, through which students can demonstrate their understanding of key skills, theories and methodologies for use at interview and to secure career progression.
The Certificate of Higher Education Skills for the Workplace constitutes the first year of study for the BA Management Skills for the Workplace. There is the option to progress to Level 5 for successful students. Progression opportunities also exist through the Professional Practice Framework.