The programme is made up of seven different modules, designed to provide students with knowledge and skills across a wide range of HRM topics. On completing this qualification, student will have:
- An understanding of the key issues that impact on HRM
- Practical skills relevant to HRM
- A greater awareness of the organisational context of HRM
- Increased knowledge of the legal, economic, environmental, social, technological and labour related developments that impact on the HRM field.
The overall objective of this qualification is to support students in developing themselves as effective HRM practitioners.
This programme will explore the role of the Human Resource Manager and the Human Resource function. It will review different approaches HR Managers adopt to build organisational capability through effective management of people.
During the the programme, students will evaluate different approaches to HRM and will develop an understanding of the business environment and how this influences which HRM strategies are adopted. In addition to developing skills and knowledge about best practice approaches to human resource management, students will also develop their planning, analytical and problem solving skills, which are essential in HR Management.
Key features of the programme are interactive teaching / learning methods and use of guest lecturers who share best practice approaches to HRM in the context of their own organisations.
The programme team who deliver this qualification are highly qualified and experienced, both in the field of teaching and in terms of senior level industry experience.
Typical examples of modules you will study are as follows:
- Developing professional practice
- Business Issues and the context of human resources
- Using information in human resources
- Resourcing and talent planning
- Contemporary developments in employment relations
- Meeting organisational learning and development needs
- Developing coaching and mentoring within organisations
Our Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource Management gives you a professionally recognised qualification which will support you in working towards Associate professional membership of the CIPD.
'Professional membership and recognition benchmarked against industry standards creates great opportunities to further your career.' (CIPD, 2013)
Assessment is through a combination of written and skills based assignments. There are no examinations.
The programme is designed to reflect the CIPD HR Profession Map, which was developed in consultation with employers. Attainment of this qualification provides evidence to employers that students have developed the skill, knowledge and understanding of the approach needed to make a significant supporting contribution, and deliver excellent results in the workplace.
Successful completion of this programme will allow progression onto a Level 7 HRM/HRD qualification.
- MA Human Resource Development
- MA Human Resource Management