The course provides the development of in-depth knowledge and understanding of HRM within a wider organisational and contextual framework.
Current issues in HRM are explored and students will develop techniques applicable to enable application of a range of HRM skills to organisations in which they are likely to operate. Students who successfully complete the PgDip will also receive the Internationally recognised CIPD recognition towards Chartered Membership of the CIPD.
- To become CIPD qualified
- To develop the key skills and knowledge needed to progress in an HR career
- Work with friendly, experienced practice-led tutors
- Become part of a network of professional and gain access to additional professional development events and resources through our strong links with the local CIPD branch
- Flexible study patterns to suit your lifestyle and work commitments
- Benefit from a combination of small group learning supported by our virtual learning environment
Students will study the following modules:
- Human Resource Management in Context
- Leading, Managing and Developing People
- Developing Skills for Business Leadership
- Employment Law
- Designing, Delivering and Evaluating Learning and Development Provision
- Managing Employment Relations
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- Investigating a Business Issue from a Human resource perspective*
*Students will be required to complete a piece of research on an HR issue within an organisation for this module.
The programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Jayne Woodman
- Felicity Healey-Benson
- Dr. David Griffiths
- Rob Howells
Modules are assessed by a combination of examination and course work. Course work take various forms including a work-based project, small research projects, presentations, case study analysis and a skills portfolio. Students on the full time programme or who are not currently in employment may be able to base their projects on companies from the extensive SBS employer network to provide alternatives to work based assignments.
Past students have enhanced their HRM career advancement in the private, public and voluntary/not for profit sectors in the UK and overseas.
Students also participate in a programme of organisational visits, workshops and CPD events (in liaison with the CIPD and Chartered Management Institute (CMI)) to provide application and networking opportunities.
The content of the programme is vocationally focused, using real case studies of current organisations. Students are encouraged to share their own work experience and apply their knowledge and skills in creative and innovative ways.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Development
- MA Human Resource Management
- MA Human Resource Development