'The University of Wales Trinity Saint David has a well-established record of research and teaching in English Language programmes at foundation, degree and master's level. This programme draws on specialist staff with expertise in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), and has been designed specifically for students of Humanities and related disciplines who would wish to pursue a career as a teacher of English as a Foreign Language or to broaden their own understanding of English Language.
This residential programme, offered on the Lampeter campus of the University, enables students to study at an advanced level a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) qualification while improving core research skills.
The programmes are delivered on the University's campus in Lampeter. They are taught through seminars, small workshops and individual tutorials and supervision that enable detailed and personalised feedback.
Access to a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) enables additional learning, especially work-shopping, to take place outside the sessions and supports the development of a mutually supportive cohort of committed writers. Graduates from the programmes have gone on to become successful and prize-winning authors.
The programme is based upon an established pool of expertise in related concerns and covers a range of projects undertaken over a number of years.
Moreover the course will provide:
- Vocationally-focused programme designed to meet growing demand for English language;
- Teaching practice core to the programme;
- Support from qualified TEFL tutors;
- No examinations; and,
- Residential programme based on our beautiful and inspiring campus in Lampeter.
- Research Methods & Skills
- Teaching Grammar and Acquiring Assessment Skills
- The Essentials of the EFL Classroom
- The Theory and Methodology of Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Dr Paul Wright
Assessment is through coursework. This includes: essays, tasks designed to enhances research skills, preparation and delivery of classroom materials.
- Professional Writers
- Expert tuition from professional writers, poets, novelists, dramatists, script-writers
- An opportunity to learn about publishing through the design and production of the annual anthology
- An opportunity to read your work at such events as the Hay Festival
- Programme delivered on our beautiful and inspiring campus in Lampeter