It brings together in depth theoretical study and professional practice to develop a higher level of understanding of Physical Education. In the subject area of Physical Education the need for teachers with higher level knowledge and understanding of the potential and benefits of physical education could not be clearer with growing concerns over childhood and adolescent health and the long-term implications of inactivity. The course explores many aspects of learning in a physical context, personal philosophies of Physical Education, managing the Physical Education curriculum and meeting the needs of all learners to develop Physical Literacy throughout life.
The programme is the only one of its kind in Wales. It has attracted interest from graduates from Canada and the United States.
- Flexible postgraduate opportunities throughout Wales
- Weekend and distance learning
- Accessible locations in south and north Wales for theoretical sessions.
- Use of local schools for teaching practice placements.
- High level of teaching methods to support teaching experiences in schools.
- Modules to suit students' professional practice and individual needs
- Taught or research based study options
- Learning and teaching in Physical Education
- School Based practice
- Leading Curriculum Innovation and Change in Physical Education
- Inspirational Physical education
- Research Methods