Entry Requirements For This Course
All applicants will be individually considered for admission using the following criteria:
- Normally, the possession of a minimum of a 2:2 honours degree, or an appropriate equivalent, i.e. a professional qualification, from a recognised British or overseas institution.
- Applicants must be employed in a suitable type and size of organisation so that they can draw on their professional business context for learning.
- Demonstrably appropriate period of experiential learning and/or similar experience in management, or business, or related employment fields, or related area/discipline/subject experience, or defined voluntary experience or similar. This is normally equivalent to, or comparable with, two years experiential learning. This period is not prescriptive and will be interpreted flexibly as a part of consideration for entry.
- Fulfilling the essential criteria for the admission to the MBA Programmes which is primarily the applicant's ability to complete the programme satisfactorily and benefit from it.
- Applicants who do not fully satisfy the general criteria will be considered and may be admitted if they are able to demonstrate that they are capable of successfully undertaking and completing the programme at the required standard, and are able to contribute fully to, and benefit from, the learning experiences delivered within the programme.
- There is no requirement for attendance in the UK for the online distance learning programme. International students who may decide to come to the University in the UK must fully meet the requirements of the UK Visas and Imigration (UKVI).
- Applicants who have been taught and assessed in languages other than English should have an English language equivalent to IELTS 6.0.
- Applicants must have suitable access to computer equipment so that they can access the University VLE.
Admission criteria and entry qualifications for the MBA Programmes may also include the applicant having:-
- (i) A non-honours bachelors degree in a business related or cognate subject from a UK university and relevant evidenced experience (normally equivalent to or comparable with two years)
- (ii) An honours degree from a UK University in a non-business related or cognate subject where the applicant has evidenced relevant experience (normally equivalent to or comparable with two years)
- (iii) An equivalent certificated degree from a non-UK institution to those specified in (i) and (ii) above.
- (iv) Non-degree qualifications such as the Higher National Diploma in Business related subjects (e.g. EdExel), or equivalent overseas qualifications, where the applicant has appropriate employment experience.(normally equivalent to or comparable with a minimum of three years)
- (v) Qualifications from relevant Professional Bodies, which are at a level below UK Honours Degree and relevant professional experience,(normally equivalent to or comparable with a minimum of three years)
Candidates with significant management, or business, or related employment fields, or related area/discipline/subject experience, or defined voluntary experience, or similar related employment field experience may be admitted to the programme without degree or degree equivalent qualifications if they can demonstrate their potential to meet the learning requirements of the programme.Advanced Entry with APL/APCL Credit
Entrants with relevant and acceptable professional accreditation will be considered for exemptions.Interviews
Normally, all applicants at postgraduate level are interviewed. An offer of a place may be made based on the application form alone including academic history, a personal statement and a reference.