The Graduate Certificate is a modular Level 6 programme comprising three 20 credit modules.
This programme expects students to develop professional values and attributes, knowledge and understanding and further skills to support them with undertaking leadership roles in primary, secondary and special schools. It is designed to reflect the National Leadership Standards for Wales and ensure that participating teachers have the opportunity, through the engagement with an accredited programme, to develop their practice against nationally agreed standards.
By undertaking any of the university accredited programmes or modules you will be able to engage with current issues and research in educational leadership as well as develop your practice by learning from successful leaders in their own schools. The programmes have been designed in partnership with headteachers and ERW, ensuring that they are fit for purpose and address the opportunities and challenges of school leadership in Wales.
ModulesProgrammes and ModulesGraduate Certificate in Professional Learning (Level 6)
- The Professional Learning Journey
- Creating a Strategic Direction for School Improvement
- Leading and Developing the School
- Leading Leaning and Teaching (Pedagogy)
- Leading Learning and Teaching (Curriculum)
- Leading Learning and Teaching (Cross curricular responsibilities)
- Securing Quality and Accountability
- Strengthening Community Engagement
- Securing Equity in Education
- Professional Learning in Context: Learning and Teaching
- Professional Learning in Context: Leadership
- Professional Learning in Context: Equity in Education
- Jayne Edwards
- Sharon L James
- Nicola Cleevely
- Junnine Thomas-Walters
Serving Headteachers and exerienced leaders will act as Associate Tutors on this programme.
Assignments have been designed in order to reflect existing responsibilities and working practices. The tasks are closely aligned to school improvement and effectiveness. You might be required to undertake a school improvement task which has a determinable impact on your role or on outcomes. Some of the modules can be used to accredit current practice or the outcomes of engagement with other forms of professional learning such as learning and teaching development programmes.
These modules will equip you with the skills, knowledge and reflective practice to support you on your leadership journey.
The Graduate Certificate provides a solid foundation from which to progress to an MA in Education.
Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate will give you advanced standing equivalent of 30 credits towards the MA.
For more information contact email@example.com
- MA Education