The course provides an introductory step on the general management pathway at the University of West London.
The course is delivered in individual workshop days, each dedicated to a specific management activity. Underpinned by Occupational Standards, the programme has been designed in consultation with service managers in NHS and social care organisations.
- You can elect to attend individual workshops for CPD purposes or register on the accredited University programme
- The accredited course is modular and flexible
- You will have an opportunity to network with other aspiring leaders and to share experiences and build solutions to common challenges
- The workshops are skills based and concentrate on the development of management competences. You will work with practical scenarios and case studies to solve relevant problems
- You will have access to our virtual learning environment, Blackboard
The key aims of the programme are to enable you to:
- Evaluate critically your own practice
- Reflect upon learning opportunities and plan your own future development
- Develop a sound underpinning and knowledge of the management area
- Promote intellectual skills required to devise, evaluate and if necessary challenge proposed solutions
- Enhance your practical skills
- Equip you with transferable skills so that you can remain effective in a variety of contexts
Help with funding is available to a range of students, whether you are studying full or part-time, in your home country or overseas.
You may be eligible for a student loan to cover the cost of tuition fees or a maintenance loan to support you during your studies. Additional funding is available to some types of students, such as those with dependants, disabled students and more. Find out more about applying for student loans and other funding options.
We also offer a range of scholarships and bursaries to help you. Current scholarships include:
- Full Time Undergraduate Bursary: a £3,000 award for new undergraduate students.
- Path to Success Scholarship: a £4,000 award for students on a four-year degree course with a foundation year.
Other scholarships are also available, including awards for specific subjects. Find out more and check your eligibility for the scholarships and bursaries listed above.
Please note fees are paid for each year of study unless otherwise stated. You will be required to re-enrol and pay fees at the beginning of each academic year. Fees may be subject to government regulations on fee increases. Future inflationary increases will be applied to each subsequent year of the course, subject to government regulations on fee increases.