Why study BA (Hons) Archaeology and Anthropology?
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the diversity and richness of contemporary and past human societies across the globe
- Alongside specialist units you’ll get a comprehensive grounding in the practical elements of archaeology and anthropology through working in cutting-edge labs and out in the field
- Specialise in social or biological, anthropology or archaeology, or if you’d like to take a broader focus, you can continue to study elements of all these disciplines
- Undertake a five or 30- week work placement at home or abroad. It’s a great way to cultivate the experience and contacts you’ll need to secure work after you graduate
- Take part in BU’s renowned field school to gain a wide range of practical skills.
This popular course gives you a solid foundation in the study of human societies across the globe, past and present. This course emphasises human history and prehistoric perspectives.
This course is among the first to receive joint accreditation from the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA), the leading professional body representing archaeologists working in the UK and overseas, and the University Archaeology UK group (UAUK). Choosing an accredited degree is widely recognised as the first step on a career path leading to professional status.