Why study BSc (Hons) Forensic Biology at BU?
- Taught by leading academics, experienced practitioners and a range of professional guest lecturers, you will develop a comprehensive grounding in forensic biology
- Take part in invaluable lab and fieldwork experience, including mock crime scenes and disasters
- Use sophisticated lab and field equipment to collect and analyse biological evidence, write detailed logs and reports, and even collaborate with staff on current forensic research projects
- Take part in live fire exercises in your final year
- Pick from subject modules that suit your own interests, passions, and career goals in your second and final year
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one and improve your chances of gaining employment after you graduate.
Accreditation by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences provides an indicator of quality as well as showing continual improvement to develop graduate employees.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.