As sport becomes an ever more powerful industry in the global market place, there has never been a better time to consider a career in sport management. Choose our honours degree with a foundation year to keep ahead of the game.
- Select our four-year course to smooth your academic progress and gain all the support and guidance you need
- Realise your potential: a course with a foundation year is ideal if you are contemplating a career change or want to immerse yourself in a new subject
- Take your first steps towards a dream career: you could go on to work behind-the-scenes with professional sports clubs or at major international sporting events
- Build wide-ranging skills in strategy, leadership, enterprise, marketing, media, PR, finance, events and operations - all with a focus on the sports business environment
- Apply theory to practice through placement opportunities with the likes of Derby County FC, Utoxeter Race Course, Derby Arena, Team Derby and other sport businesses
- Assist with the organisation of major sporting events - from football and cricket to basketball and half marathons
Distinctive and dynamic, this course will appeal to anyone with an enthusiasm for sport and a thirst for business and management knowledge. It provides a compelling mix of skills to put you at the forefront of what is one of the most lucrative and high-profile business sectors of all.