King’s College London is the most central University in London, with 4 of its 5 campuses based by the Thames, all within a square mile of each other. The University has most recently been ranked 36th in the Guardian University League Tables, and was ranked 16th in the world by the 2014 QS World University Rankings.
The courses available at Kings College are organised into nine faculties, which are further split into departments, centres and research divisions. Depending on the course that you choose, you will be located primarily at one of the five campuses, with access to other facilities at other campuses.
The nine faculties are:
- Dental Institute
- Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery
- Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience
- Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- Faculty of Life Sciences and Medicine
- Faculty of Natural and Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Social Science and Public Policy
- The Dickinson Poon School of Law
- Global Institutes and Centres
The student’s union (KCLSU) runs many student facing facilities at each campus, including catering services, bars and shops. There are also many opportunities for students to become involved with the Union through societies and sports clubs, with over 100 societies currently active ranging from politics to comedy.
The University have eight halls of residences throughout London and prioritise the students who live outside of the M25 Motorway. The halls of residence are self catered and prices range from £140 to £389 a week, depending on the size of the room and the facilities.