Why study MSc Computer Animation and Visual Effects at BU?
- Apply technical, mathematical and algorithmic skills to develop tools to aid in the production of animation and games artefacts
- Apply software to develop techniques in C++ to test new algorithms, write shaders to support rendering and develop scripts and tools to create new effects
- Attend visiting speaker talks from industry specialists, including some of our successful alumni
- Collaborate with students across the NCCA Master’s courses providing a realistic setting to discover what it’s like working with other creative people and to a strict timescale
- Undertake a Masters project in preparation for the end of year degree show attended by top industry recruiters
- Access industry standard facilities including animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software including Maya and Houdini.
Study at the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA)
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK, our expertise not only ensures our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also helps to define new industry practices.
The NCCA is ranked as the UK’s top animation school, second in Europe and third internationally (Animation Career Review, 2021).
This course is industry-recognised by ScreenSkills, the industry-led skills body for the UK’s screen-based industries, and carries the ScreenSkills Select quality-mark which indicates courses best suited to prepare students for a career in the screen industries.