The Director is central to the creative process in media production. This postgraduate course is designed to enable you to step up to the challenge of delivering award-winning productions.
In this hands-on course, you will be provided with many opportunities for practical production across different platforms and genres in both factual and fictional filmmaking alongside enhancing your skills and technical understanding of film, television and transmedia production.
- Develop advanced skills as a director in line with both current industry practice and the traditions of independent filmmaking.
- Use your final production project to show off technical and directorial skills you have developed to mastermind your own collaboration and use it as your calling card to industry.
- Learn from media professionals who have expertise and experience of working in the industry.
- Working with the producing, scriptwriting, cinematography, sound and editing students you’ll create a showcase of your skills and as a visual, creative story teller, brining your ideas to life.
- Benefit from regular guest lectures from industry professionals, examples include Femi Odugbemi, Director, Producer & Executive-Producer of several award-winning films; Tony Hood, British Filmmaker including work on London Has Fallen (2016) and War Machine (2017) and Actor-Director Saskia Wesnigk-Wood.
- You will be equipped with the skills to understand and manage the entire production process, from effective planning and pre-visualisation, through work on location to overseeing creative post-production work.
- Take advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award-winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media and Communication.
- Graduate from an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, awarded to practice-based courses that best prepare students for a career in the industry.