Why study BSc/PG Dip Public Health Nurse (Health Visiting) at BU?
- On this course, you'll demonstrate achievement of the ‘Standards of Proficiency’ required by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) for registration as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (SCPHN) Health Visitor.
- You’ll be exposed to the breadth and depth of public health working and demonstrate your ability to participate safely in the practice of Health Visiting.
- Prepare to lead and manage the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme (DH 2009) provision in collaboration with other health and early year providers.
- The course is an equal split of theory and practice-based study, with theory learning at BU and practice learning supported by a practice teacher within your seconding NHS Trust.
- Applicants should apply via their local 0-19 years’ service provider adverts for Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (SCPHN) Health Visitor studentships/training contracts.