The first UK university to offer an MA in Sound Design providing a blend of practical and theoretical learning to develop the creative, technical and collaborative skills you need to work professionally in the film, TV, games and VR industries.
Why study MA Sound Design for Screen at BU?
- Work collaboratively on original projects with students from a range of film and TV disciplines. Build networks and collaborations with animation students from BU’s National Centre for Computer Animation.
- Industry standard facilities and kit including, Sound Devices location recorders, AVID S3 & Pro Tools Ultimate stereo mixing suites, Foley / ADR studio, AVID S6 equipped 7.1 dubbing suite and access to AVID S6 equipped Dolby ATMOS mixing theatre.
- As an AVID Learning Partner, the course provides industry relevance and credibility for graduates looking to enter the industry, including the option of gaining the Pro Tools 101 qualification.
- Gain industry experience and showreel material by taking advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award-winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media and Communication.
- The course is one of the few sound design MA programmes recognised by BAFTA UK as an eligible course for the BAFTA UK Scholarship Programme.
- Become part of a long-standing alumni network of industry professionals working at every level of the industry since 1998 and learn from staff who are current industry professionals.
Graduate with an accredited degree
Graduate from an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, awarded to practice-based courses that best prepare students for a career in the industry.