Developed for supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity, this qualification gives junior managers the communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency. A more extensive qualification, our Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management gives you a broader knowledge of effective management skills while focusing on the specific management areas appropriate to you and your workplace.
The course is delivered via 10 workshop sessions (1600-2000 hrs) plus online/self-study. Delivered one session per fortnight over a 5 month period.CMI MEMBERSHIP
You will receive free Affiliate membership of the CMI for the duration of your course. This will give access to a wide variety of benefits including online support via ManagementDirect.
ManagementDirect is packed with content, including:
- E-learning modules - from developing a management style to the principles of project management.
- Leader videos - experts talk about overcoming real-life management issues.
- Thinkers - summaries of the ideas of major theorists to help problem-solving.
- Interactive scenarios - what decisions would you make on these management challenges?
- Published articles - a database of articles from Professional Manager.
- Checklists - hundreds of practical tick lists of activities to ensure a best practice approach.
- E-journals - thousands of journals, publications and research documents offering latest industry insight.
- Document outlines and research summaries on key business initiatives such as devising a marketing plan.
Further details on the benefits of membership can be found here.